Saturday, August 06, 2005

Post #17: I HATE TYPHOONS

I trully hate Typhoons with a passion.  Day 99 and 100 instead of being nice round numbered days worth celebrating turned to hell after I spent 4 hours - starting from 1am till 5:15am waiting for Jordan on the streets of Bangkok.  He was supposed to arrive at about 1am and I was to meet him in Khao San Rd.  So I waited watching the drunkards stumbling by, being hit on by sleezy Thai and non-Thai men - girl just standing in the middle of the night alone on the street is an easy target.  Not knowing exactly how long it would take to get into town at night I waited... and waited... and waited... after a couple hours I figured the flight might have been delayed and so I waited... and waited... all along knowing we had a tour booked for 7am.  Well, at 5am I started to get really worried... had no # to call, only had Jordan's flight number - nothing to the airport or to anywhere.   Well, logged on to the net to see if I could track down somethign only to get an email from my mom saying that there's a typhoon and he won't be arriving until 10am.

So I went back, had less than an hour of a nap, got up to attempt to change the tour - had to pay extra to have it re-schedualed for the next day, reschedualed our bus tickets as well, had breakfast and went to doublecked that he is in fact arriving at 10am - only to find out that he's not arriving at all today, nor maybe tomorrow and probably even not on Monday.

So now I'm stuck in my FAVORITE city of all.  A city I was more than sick of over a week ago and didn't want to come back until the very last moment (hence my prolonged stay in Chiang Mai).  Argh... and I still don't know when he's going to be here.  Maybe tomorrow maybe tuesday.  Gotta love Typhoons.  I do feel sorry for the people on the eastern coast of China, but couldn't the bloody thing have waited at least one day or one more hour.  Jordan was already in the plane ready for take-off when they called it off.   

Sorry - needed to vent.  And i really to HATE TYPHOONS and by now Bangkok as well.  I want the beaches.......

 

Kasia


 

_______________________________________________________________________

Kasia:  Off in Asia - from Nepal to Singapore and Adventure in between!

Blog/Travel Journal:  http://travelingtheworld.blogspot.com/
Photos:  http://nttconsulting.net/kasia/gallery/album01

1 Comments:

At 10:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's horrid! When I saw the title of the post, I thought you'd been caught in one or narrowly escaped one. But I guess being stuck on the side of the road alone in the middle of then night and then having to reschedule, fork out more money and wait some more is just as bad. I hope you get some beach time soon.

(I'm Tomek's gf by the way)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters