Monday, August 01, 2005

Post #xx: I must be a glutton for self imposed torture

Honestly, first a 3 day trek in the tropical jungle - something I swore after Laos I would never do again (although I must admit it wasn't that bad this time round - plus we got to ride elephants - I actually got to sit on his neck, and go down a river on bamboo rafts).  However now the torture is continuing and my scrapped legs, battered and bruised knees and raw hands that can barely hold up a glass of water are proof enough - and it's only day 2 of a 3 day intensive rock climibing course.  And the odd thing is I'm loving it.  I can't lift anythign, everythign is sore - it even hurts to sleep - but I can't wait till my next day and I think Santa will have rock climbing gear on his list for next Christmas.  Sort of addictive.  Difficult and challenging yet fun.

But yeah... that's been my stay in Chiang Mai.  3 days trekking, some shopping at the night bazzar and the Sunday market, a trip down to the long-neck tribe and a couple other tribes and now the rock climbing.  Tomorrow thankfully is my day off so I get to sleep in, relax and see the city in daylight rather than just at night.

Will write more soon and maybe post some more shots, but that's it for now.

 

Kasia


 

_______________________________________________________________________

Kasia:  Off in Asia - from Nepal to Singapore and Adventure in between!

Blog/Travel Journal:  http://travelingtheworld.blogspot.com/
Photos:  http://nttconsulting.net/kasia/gallery/album01

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters